07 March 2010

More marbling, metal leafing and experimenting

Thoroughly enjoyed playing around with my new pasta machine, creating marbled pieces of polymer clay. I do not think I could ever get bored of this. At the moment I am just cutting tile shapes out of the ‘practice’ pieces (so there is no waste) but longer term, I am thinking of creating inlaid pictures, in a complete sheet?

I also absolutely love rolling the metal leaf into the surface (it is a good job I have a large supply of it – bought on my last course at West Dean College [UK] and then never used – until now). Here is a selection of my experimental pieces.





I need to start designing some real pieces to make soon. I will have to order some more colours of clay and an extruder gun would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment