Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bad weather prevents photographing

This morning I have finished mounting all my new polymer clay brooches on their individually painted canvases. I am pleased with the way they look and, after much experimenting, have found a simple but effective way to keep them in place on the canvas. This method should prevent another theft of the brooch occurring, when they are being exhibited, unless some takes the whole canvas off the wall.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for this Queen’s Birthday weekend (the Monday is a public holiday here in New Zealand) is not good – it is grey, wet and windy! So, I do not know if I am going to get the opportunity to photograph my finished canvases, which I really need to do outside, to get some good light.


As it is currently raining, I have started on another circular brooch. This is currently in progress – it still needs sanding and some satin glaze and doming resin applied to selected circles, to give a variety of different surface finishes.

Once I have finished this one, I will make a conscious effort to make some different shaped brooches. Next weekend, I intend to focus on the ‘mica shift’ technique, creating some asymmetrical triangular shaped brooches. I am also really keen to try some layering techniques, for the focal part of the brooch, but I am waiting for some supplies for this to come from Shades of Clay. This is a Canadian company, which I am trying for the first time – they seem to have very reasonable prices, especially for international shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment