11 January 2014

My latest sculpture...Out of this World!

I had great fun at the end of last year creating this sculpture, which I have finally managed to successfully photograph in the dark.

Out of this World - in daylight

Out of this World - in the dark

This is one of three entries I will be submitting for the International Polymer Clay Awards. Below is a description about the sculpture:

Out of this World – A stainless steel dish forms the base of this sculpture. The inside surface has been covered with a layer if retro cane slices, starting fairly square and geometric at the outer edge and becoming more organic towards the centre. Nodules and and stems develop out of the amorphous mass in the centre, with alien flowers sprouting, with the same centric patterns from the retro canes. The whole sculpture looks totally different in the dark, as glow in the dark polymer clay has been used to highlight selected areas. You may find it fascinating, eerie or just out-of-this-world?

2 comments:

  1. I think it is just great ! Caught my eye as I was running down my blog-log and I adore that in the dark picture. Wishing you the best on your submission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I had so much fun making it - really let my imagination run wild! It is not easy to photograph it in the dark but it does look really cool. I hope other people and the judges like it just as much.

      Delete