12 August 2009

My order has arrived

When I got home from work yesterday, my second order from Rarebird Ltd was waiting for me - I just could not wait to play!

Now, I have so many different coloured sticks of FP, I am 'hyper' with excitement and have no excuse for not making anything. I tried the 'Heat Buddy' heat gun that I had ordered - it worked really well and was so quiet. I was able to soften the Friendly Plastic without causing bubbles, which is what happened with my old heat gun (it seemed to get too hot even though I kept moving it about). I am pleased about this because I was not sure if I was just duplicating something I already had.

I ended up working all evening (and thoroughly enjoying myself), creating four pendants, to use the different shaped pendant bases that I had. In particular, I practiced making inlays with cutters. I am curious to see how they turn out when they receive a final coat of Envirotex Lite and will then post a photo.

I managed to find two companies in New Zealand that stock Envirotex Lite and ordered some from one, last week, but I am still waiting for it to arrive. I hope it comes in time for the weekend, so I can finish the pendants and also coat the pieces in my small 'mosaic' design.

No comments:

Post a Comment