09 January 2020

What's on my mind - Whangamata



Here is my dot mosaic sculpture created for the Harcourts Arts Challenge 2020, which has the theme 'What's on my mind'. On display at The Big Arts Day Out Exhibition on 9, 10 & 11 January 2020 at the Memorial Hall, Whangamata, NZ.

Various views of 'What's on my mind - Whangamata'














Imprinted in the round mosaic tiles that make up the sculpture were the thoughts that went through my mind, as I came up with the design. You will find the following:
  • Whangamata
  • Protecting our slice of paradise
  • For future generations
  • Keeping the air clean
  • The forests full of birds
  • Protecting our wildlife
  • Supporting local business
  • Land free of litter
  • Pollution free waterways
  • Beaches clean
  • Recreation in harmony with nature
  • Fish stocks sustained
  • A precious place to be conserved for all to enjoy






No comments:

Post a Comment