15 March 2019

2018 International Polymer Clay Awards - a winner

Just watched the live announcement of the 2018 International Polymer Clay Awards. I was thrilled to get an award for my sculpture, Inspiration, in the following category: Applicant Artists Members Choice for Non-Functional Sculpture and Hanging Art. So now I can reveal the piece.

Inspiration - in daylight and in the dark

Title: 'Inspiration'

Description: The meandering line of small glow in the dark tiles represents the initial inspiration or brainwave. I often get my creative inspiration in the dark of the night. The graded colors that ripple out from this brainwave represent the development of an idea into the whole concept. The choice of shades of turquoise reflects the restful, calm, contemplation that forms part of my inspirational process. Each mosaic tile that covers this sphere is like one small part of a grand plan, and it is very satisfying when they all come together, to create the whole thing. As I was making this sculpture, I was already getting inspiration for my next creation.

Materials: Polymer clay tiles and acrylic paste grout (over stainless steel sphere)

Dimensions: 17 cm (63/4 inches) across x 17 cm (63/4 inches) high


To view the winners of all the categories in the 2018 International Polymer Clay Awards click here

No comments:

Post a Comment