This piece won 1st prize in the 3-Dimensional category in the New Zealand National Mosaic Art Exhibition 2018.
|Aotearoa - land of the long white cloud (6 views)|
As you look round this spherical sculpture, you will see
- The North and South Islands, with the main towns/cities in grey and the topography in shades of green.
- The Auckland city skyline, with Sky Tower, and some yachts indicated by the white sails. Auckland is often called the 'City of Sails'. Rangitoto Island in tucked in the background
- A sandy beach. There are so many beautiful beaches around New Zealand.
- Mt. Cook and part of the Southern Alps, with one of the many beautiful blue lakes.
- The top end of the 'long white cloud' forms into a spiral shape, reflecting the Maori 'koru' symbol.