17 January 2017

New look website

This is my first post of 2017 and it is well into January because I have seriously been considering my creative direction for this year. After a little mishap on 6 January, involving resin and a pocket money idea, my husband reminded me that one of my New Year's resolutions was to ‘be proud of my creative artwork’. So rather than spend any more wasted time on salvaging the disaster, which was only started to use up some coloured varnishes I no longer wanted, it went straight in the bin.

It also reminded me that it is my dot mosaics that I am most proud of. So, I will concentrate on creating some of these, which can then be reproduced (as greeting cards, block prints and possibly pendants and other gift items) to provide lower cost items to sell at selected markets and art gallery stores while promoting my mosaic art. I will try out the pendant idea at the Mission Bay Art and Craft Market at the end of this month.


I have also given my website a new look, to reflect my creative focus for 2017, and hopefully future years.

Post Script: Since writing this, I have decided to also continue with my idea of making Swirl-StoNZ, as small souvenir/gift items to demonstrate and sell at art and craft markets, to attract interest in my own work and polymer clay as a creative medium in general. The relatively quick and unpredictable design when making these Swirl-StoNZ, (based on the polymer clay Lentil Bead technique) is a perfect balance to the slow, precise nature of my mosaic art. I will post more about this project when it is fully developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment