07 December 2012

Tattoo transfers


This is my first trial with tattoo transfers on polymer clay. After following the instructions for applying the tattoo transfer to the skin but instead applying it to some rolled out Premo polymer clay, I cut out the disc shapes and baked them for the required temperature. I then applied liquid polymer clay over the transfer part and baked again for 20 minutes, followed by a layer of liquid polymer clay over the whole surface and another baking for 20 minutes.
 
The surface of the transfer has cracked/wrinkled slightly in places but I think that is because I baked the discs on a curve (to make into fashion clips). I will have to try it again, just baking the clay flat.
 
As Christmas is approaching fast, this is likely to be my last chance to experiment this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment