03 February 2010

MagicGlos has arrived

Finally the sample of MagicGlos arrived from America. This is an epoxy resin which cures on exposure to ultra-violet light. I was excited when I discovered this product, as I thought it could be so much better than using Envirotex Lite
(a two part expoxy resin) to give a raised glossy finish to my paper mosaic pieces. It has a much longer work time (until exposed to UV light) and cures in 5-15 minutes. However, I am now hesitant after reading the instruction leaflet enclosed which recommends not using it over water-based glues/sealers. I do not remember this being mentioned on the website information, but maybe I missed it, and I was intending to use it over my pieces which would be glued/sealed with matt acrylic medium. I will have to try it and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment